Ambassador-Designate of France to SA Christophe Farnaud [fr]
His Excellency Ambassador-Designate Christophe Farnaud arrived in South Africa in January 2017 to succeed Ambassador Elisabeth Barbier as France’s envoy to South Africa.
Mr. Farnaud is an experienced diplomat who occupied the function as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Greece from 2007-2011.
Christophe FARNAUD was born on 8th April 1965.
- Advanced Studies Diploma in History
- Ecole Normale Supérieure Alumni
- Institute of Political Studies Diploma
- National School of Administration, 1994
- French Embassy, Cairo, Second Secretary then Fist Secretary, 1994-1996;
- French Permanent Representation to the European Union in Brussels, 1996-1999;
- French Embassy, Amman, 1999-2002;
- Head Office, Minister of Foreign Affairs’ Private Office, 2002-2004;
- On secondment to Ministry of Interior, 2004-2005;
- Diplomatic Advisor to the Prime Minister, 2005-2007;
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Greece, Athens, 2007-2011;
- « Thales » Company, Vice-President International Relations then Vice-President Africa, March 2012 - December 2016.