Conference “South Africa : 20 years of democracy” at the Senate [fr]
On 9 April 2014, alongside H.E. Dolana Msimang, Ambassador of South Africa in France, H.E. Elisabeth Barbier attended the conference “South Africa : 20 years of democracy” organized at the Senate (in Paris) by the ‘Comité Français pour l’Afrique du Sud’. Opened with a tribute to Nelson Mandela, this meeting was an opportunity to outline perspectives for South Africa, 20 years after the first democratic elections of 1994.
The evening went along with interventions from various personalities and was concluded with a cocktail.
- Yves Laurin, president of the Comité Français pour l’Afrique du Sud (CFAS)
- Georges Lory, former director of the Alliances Françaises network in Southern Africa
- Pierre Haski, journalist, founder of the website Rue89
- Denzil Potgieter, former member of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- Steve Kahanovitz, member of the Legal Ressources Centre, illustrated the stimulating role of the NGOs
- Alain Mafoua, general secretary of the Comité Français pour l’Afrique du Sud (CFAS)