- The Embassy
- French presence in South Africa
- French - South African relations
- Global Issues
- Going to France
- Learning French
- What about France?
French swimming team in South Africa
As part of its preparation for the Olympic Games taking place in London this summer, the French national swimming team has been in Pretoria from December 27th to January 17th for a high altitude training course. Supervised by Lionel HORTER, national team coach, Alain BERNARD, Jérémy STRAVIUS, Hugues DUBOSCQ, Camille MUFFAT and fifteen of their teammates continue to forge ahead after their successes in the World Championship in Shanghai in 2011 (10 medals including 2 gold medals, finishing 5th in the overall standings).
His Excellency Mr Ambassador Jacques LAPOUGE organised a reception in their honour at the Residence of France in Pretoria on January the 10th : He congratulated the athletes and their staff for the growing success of French swimming and encouraged them for the remaining competitions before the Olympic Games. He also emphasized on the capacity of sport to bring together individuals and peoples and called for a development of our collaboration with the South African swimming in revival.
publie le 22/07/2014haut de la page
Dans la même rubrique
- Ambassador Lapouge at the 2012 Africa Aerospace and Defence Airshow
- Bestowing of the medal of Officer in the National Order of Merit to Mr Kenneth Pedro
- French - the language of high culture, spoken by 220 million people worldwide, takes center stage at a prestigious decoration ceremony in Pretoria
- Ambassador Lapouge to host a cocktail reception for Interpol and goodwill ambassadors against counterfeit medicine on 20 March 2012
- Dr Mamphela Ramphele receives the medal of Officer in the order of the Legion of Honour