French consulate in Cape Town is hiring! [fr]
The French Consulate of Cape Town seeks to recruit a Political/Economy affairs and Media Officer to carry out to the following tasks:
1. Follow current South-African affairs, internal political and economic issues and parliamentary activity. The Officer will be responsible for media monitoring on a daily basis, providing high quality analysis on current issues (political affairs, economic, and social topics) and follow the proceedings both in national and local Parliament. On behalf of the Consulate he/she will attend meetings in various fora and will be expected to establish a solid network of contacts.
2. Manage the communication tools of the Consulate. The Officer will be in charge of the website of the Consulate (editorial line, updates). She/He will also be responsible for the communication tools (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr…) and the publication of the consulate’s newsletter.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
• A Master’s degree related to political issues (law, political science, economics, international relations).
• Ability to work in French and to compose complex written documents in French and in English.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of all aspects of MS Office Suites.
Gross salary: R21.010 per month, R 252.120 per annum + 13th month + medical cover + retirement fund + travel allowance
Position available from 01/09/2014
NB: Non-South Africans must have a current work permit and the right to reside and work in South Africa. Dual French and South African citizenship would be an advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by July Tuesday 1st, 24.00.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.