Open position in the Embassy [fr]
The Embassy of France seeks to recruit a Development Program Officer to carry out to the following tasks:
1. Assist the Deputy Head of Mission in the overall coordination of French development cooperation in South Africa. The Program Officer will be required to provide high quality analysis and strategic recommendations on development issues. She/he will represent the French Embassy in donor coordination meeting and other relevant fora;
2. Within the Cooperation section, manage the Civil Society Development Fund (CSDF) and other technical cooperation activities, including support to decentralized partnerships. The CSDF supports projects in the field of Human Rights and local governance. The program Officer will be in charge of supervising the project selection process, monitoring and evaluating the projects as well as communicating on the results. She/He will maintain and develop the Embassy’s network with civil society.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
A Master’s degree related to development issues (economics, political science, social sciences, gender issues).
Ability to work in French and to compose complex written documents in French and in English.
At least a three-year experience in an organization involved in development policies in South Africa (CSO, public or private donor, relevant Government Department).
Extensive knowledge of South African Civil Society, with an existing professional network.
Solid knowledge of political, social & economic issues in South Africa.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Proficiency in the use of all aspects of MS Office Suites.
- Gross salary: R35 015 per month, R420 180 per annum + 13th month + medical cover + retirement fund
- Position available from 22/04/2014
- Position located at the Embassy of France in Pretoria, with regular missions throughout the country.
- NB: Non-South Africans must have a current work permit and the right to reside and work in South Africa.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by March, 24th, 8.00 am.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.