South African journalists visit France [fr]
A team from SABC’s Morning Live show visited Paris for a week in September courtesy of the French ministry of foreign affairs.
Leanne Manas (presenter), Promise Dlamini (producer) and Thabo Modise (cameraman) were part of a team of journalists who visited various cities in France to learn about infrastructure, transport and tourism among other things.
SABC compiled several packages of their visit, broadcasting them during and after their trip.
Their organized visits included a visit to Airbus in Toulouse, a demonstration of the Vélib bicycle system in Paris, a trip up the Eiffel Tower and an interview with Ambassador Laurence Tubiana regarding climate change.
Watch selected broadcasts:
• Leanne is visiting France to find out what the country is doing to prepare for the U.N Climate Change Conference being held in Paris next year, she also visited the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Leanne Manas in Paris:
• An interview with Christian Delom of Atout France, France’s Tourism Agency: http://youtu.be/PYIjQbVa2RY
• Paris, City of Love:
• A visit to the Airbus aircraft manufacturing division in Toulouse:
• South African artist, Gerard Sekoto lived in Paris between 1947 and 1993. His contribution to South Africa and the world has been documented in many ways including an exhibition last year, celebrating the centenary of his birth:
• France was selected to host the United Nations’ 21st conference on the fight against climate change in 2015 (COP21). Watch an interview with Laurence Tubiana, Ambassador for Climate Negotiations and Special Representative for the COP21 Climate Conference:
• In 2010, South Africa’s Public transport entered a new era with the successful opening of Phase 1 of the Gautrain rapid rail project in 2010. Bombela is the French Operating Company that was appointed to design, build, operate and maintain the Gautrain project. Watch an interview with Arnaud Legrand, Chief Executive Officer of Bombela in Paris: