- The Embassy
- French presence in South Africa
- French - South African relations
- Global Issues
- Going to France
- Learning French
- What about France?
Home > The Embassy > News > News from the ministry of Foreign affairs and international (...) > Statement on the death of Anton Hammerl
Statement on the death of Anton Hammerl
The Embassy of France notes with sadness and shock the announcement of Anton Hammerl’s death in Libya, the latest in a growing list of journalists killed there. At this time our thoughts are with the Hammerl Family and we offer our sincere condolences to all who were touched by Anton in his personal and professional life. This tragedy reminds us of the heavy toll paid by journalists in providing information to the public. This is why France is constantly concer ned with protecting journalists in armed conflicts. France strongly supports the freedom of the press internationally and particularly in conflict zones, where journalists are particularly at risk. To this end France continues to pursue concrete action at the United nations in support of press freedom and safety, including resolution 1973, which specifically condemns the acts of violence and intimidation against journalists.
publie le 20/06/2014top of the page
Dans la même rubrique
- International Criminal Court - Election of French judge Marc Perrin de Brichambaut
- 25th anniversary of the International Convention on the Rights of the Child
- "Goût de / Good France", let’s go!
- France welcomes IPCC report on climate change
- Burkina Faso - Statement by Laurent Fabius