The French Institute of South Africa is looking for a Cultural Project Manager
The French Institute of South Africa is seeking a candidate for a fixed-term position (4 months: from 21st July until 30th November) as Cultural Project Manager. The position is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Summary of duties
• Design and implementation of a wide range of cultural and artistic projects and events: administrative, financial, technical and logistical management;
• Relations with partners and artists;
• Search for sponsors;
• Applications for public and private funding;
• Must be fluent in English and if possible in another South African language, with a good knowledge of French (ability to work in French);
• Must have good writing skills;
• Should have the ability to work independently and as a team member;
• Must be fully computer literate (standard computer programmes);
• Negotiation skills;
• Good human relations skills
Qualifications and experience required
• A degree in Arts, Media or Business Administration or equivalent
• Should ideally have prior experience in the management of cultural projects involving budgetary aspects
Citizens or permanent residents in South Africa or applicants who are legally in a position to work in South Africa.
• Fixed-term four month contract 40 hours a week;
• Gross salary: R 22 890
• Benefits: 13th cheque + medical aid + retirement fund + transport allowance
To apply, please send CV with covering letter, to Xavier Person: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 22 May 2016.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews