Vacancy: French Institute (Ifas) communication officer
Job Offer: Communication Officer
The French Institute of South Africa is seeking a candidate for a position as Communication Officer. The position is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Summary of duties:
- Design and implement marketing, social media and public relations campaigns on projects and for institutional communication;
- Edit the yearly IFAS publication, Culture Set, in partnership with publisher David Krut Publisher.
- Relations with partners, graphic designers, photographers, suppliers and social media agency
- Good knowledge of French language (ability to work in French);
- Good writing skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Must be fully computer literate (MS Office Suite);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good knowledge of the South African media and arts&culture
- Knowledge in graphic design software would be an advantage
Qualifications and experience required:
- A degree in Marketing, Communication or Media studies
- Should ideally have prior experience in the marketing of cultural projects
Citizens or permanent residents in South Africa or applicants who are legally in a position to work in South Africa.
- Fixed-term renewable one-year contract with a 3-months trial period; possibility of permanent contract after 2 years;
- 40 hours a week;
- Gross salary: R 22 890 per month
- Benefits: 13th cheque + medical aid + retirement fund + transport allowance
To apply, please send CV with covering letter, to Xavier Person: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date October 31 2015.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.